Course Description: The historical concepts of leadership through an authoritarian lens no longer serve the intended outcomes of today’s information-based society. While authoritarian may have worked during the industrial era, a new leader is emerging to support the information ere, “The Conscious Leader”. In this program we will demonstrate how past practices do not fit today’s workforce needs and identify how to create the shift in perspective that does equip leaders with the skills and competencies to lead today’s workforce.
In this program, you will learn:
- What created today’s leadership crisis?
- Identify their own leadership tendencies.
- State the Leadership factors for success in today’s global talent market.
- Identify the factors to guide the SHIFT
Leaders, Aspiring Leaders, Business Owners, CEO’s, Managers, Executives, Supervisors
- Identify and evaluate different leadership styles
- Identify personal default leadership styles
- Identify style(s) used when encountering stress.
- Understand three levels of leadership and their respective impact
- Interpersonal reflection on behaviors, values and beliefs
Attendees will be able to SHIFT how they view the leadership role and their own personal approach to match to the needs of followers and that of continue to grow personally as a leader.
Tips for Measurement of Impact:
- Leaders will begin to address Values, Assumptions, Beliefs and Expectations through conscious dialogue with followers, rather than only addressing behaviors and applying pressure to ensure certain behaviors are repeated. The long term approach of values-based or conscious leadership maintains the highest levels of positive relationships and encourage personal engagement, rather than coercion and manipulation which in the long term compromise relationships.
- Supervisors are more confident addressing lack of coherence between performance and expectations
- Employee/Supervisor relationships are improved, as supervisor becomes viewed as resource for growth
- Supervisors consciously evaluate interactions with employees and coworkers to determine impact and adjust accordingly using skills/practices from training
Preparing today’s and tomorrow’s leaders with the skills and competencies necessary to be effective, efficient and purpose aligned – leading to greater goal achievement through a more comprehensive view of workforce leadership and its impact on society, as well as organizations.
Currently, the United States has two generations in the workforce (Gen X and Millennials) soon to take the helm of their organizations and have received little-to-no formal or informal leadership development, due to a perceived threat to boomer leaders and an economic perspective that training is a luxury that could not be afforded.
As a result, Gen X and Millennials are woefully under prepared to take on leadership and management roles in replacement of the retiring boomers. These two external conditions and responses to them have created a true Leadership Crisis. Leading Maryland has recognized this fact and serves to close the skills gaps in support of Businesses and Leaders across the State of Maryland.
Leading Maryland recognizes, organizations can’t not afford to train their leaders, recognizing their impact on company and employee achievement, as well as bottom line profits and losses.
When: To Be Announced
The Classes are two hours in length and are typically mornings during the week or a webinar online.
Where: Hunt Valley, MD (Classroom & Online Supplemental Material)
Cost: $149 per person